Monday, June 1, 2009

TPK/TPACK

The differences between TPK and TPACK; TPK is simply knowledge of a broad understanding of big concepts and programs. For Instance, being able to use power point, then you are able to make various power points about many different subjects. TPACK is much more broad and focused in on a certain subject field. It is being knowledgeable in the area of your field and being able to use technology to better teach your students.
If I were to use TPK in my profession I would probably demonstrate it by making a power point presentation for my class. I could probably create a note sheet for them to fill out that goes along with my presentation. If I were using TPACK I would have my students go step further and create a short infomercial about the health concept that they valued the most in the previous semester. At the end of the semester I could post all of their videos to my website for their viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment